Reliable Disability Services For Obtaining Benefits You Need
Having an illness or injury that results in the need for disability benefits can be a difficult situation. It can also be a lifelong one. This is why you need a firm upon which you can rely.
Originally, in the 1980s the firm started as Law Offices of Deborah F. Maury. Then it became known as Brod & Maury, PLLC, with Deborah Maury, retired. Our firm is now Brod Disability Law. However, our name change does not change the disability services we offer or the dedication to our clients that we have maintained for more than four decades.
Our former firm partner, Deborah Maury, had been handling Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD or SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) matters for individuals since the early 1980s. Many of those clients are still on disability benefits.
Now led by Attorney Karen Brod, our firm maintains and retains many records, as we know that issues may come up at any point in people’s lives that relate to their disability benefits.
Whether you enlisted the help of our firm years ago or are just beginning the Social Security Disability process, we are here to stand beside you every step of the way. We can confidently handle any issues you may be facing. We can clarify for you answers to questions like:
- Who qualifies for benefits? Do you? Do your children? Do widows?
- Does age matter? What if you are over 50?
- What benefits are available for people with disabilities and for people with low incomes?
- Do you have a qualifying physical or mental condition? What are the most common disabling conditions for our clients? What should you know about working with doctors and developing a medical record to support your claim for benefits?
- How can you apply? Do you need a lawyer’s help to apply or to appeal a denial?
- How should you choose a lawyer to help you obtain benefits for which you are eligible?
Once you apply and/or begin receiving SSDI or SSI benefits, it is possible that the Social Security Administration (SSA) will initiate a review of your benefits, requiring you to obtain further documentation. We strongly encourage you to contact an attorney and discuss your options as soon as you know that the SSA may be reviewing your case.
- Greensboro: 336-272-9302
- Reidsville: 336-349-1905
- Burlington: 336-570-1177
- Kernersville: 336-917-6017